Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Child Hood Asthma Rant

The last couple weeks have been pretty crazy for me and my 2.5 yr old son, due to his Asthma! Its been so out of no where. He has the inhallers and the nebulizer, and it just dosn't seem to be getting any better. I'm so super worried all the time to the point where i'm not sleeping at night. I talked to his drs. and they put him on a daily, 2 times a day new inhaller, but i'm seeing no improvment in the last 3 weeks. So now its time for me to play paranoid mom and do my online research.

Every time we go to the dr. about this, they always say, are you sure its his asthma and not a cold?? I'm 10000% sure its not a cold. I went onto pediatricasthma.com and they have lists of whats asthma and whats a cold.

ASTHMA
  • Coughing (especially at night)

  • Wheezing — a whistling sound when your child breathes

  • Rapid breathing, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing

  • Tightness in chest




  • COLD

  • Coughing

  • Sore throat

  • Runny, stuffy nose

  • Sneezing

  • Low-grade fever





  • Now Come On can you see the difference there? I know whats wrong with my kido. One thing i'm not so sure about is the cause of his Asthma! I have been told by a few different dr. that this could all be because of his G.E.R.D. How can G.E.R.D trigger Asthma? Granted, when he has an eppisode, he does cough a lot and cries, but i dont remember the last time that happened we had an asthma problem. Right now hes on Albuteral, Pulmacort, Flovent and Previcid. The only thing that really seems to work is when we use the nebulizer with the pulmacort and the albuteral. This really limits the amount of fun we can have.

    I am not 100% sure what exactly can be done but i'll keep on researching till i find something out.

    Sorry for my Rant, just very paranoid and worried mommy.

    Untill Next Time

    Keep smiling and keep the Kidos Happy and Healthy

    No comments: