1. For you working moms and the hubby, Try brown bagging it for lunch. Instead of spending $5-10 a day on lunch, pack a lunch and save that money for your Date night once a month. You will be suprised at how much money you will save with brown bagging it.
2. For you mommy's that love to read when the little ones taking his nap, Don't buy costly books that are going to just sit around when you finish them. Go to your local library and find a good book. This way you can just return it and get a new one, no need to spend 20$ on a book you are going to read once, or sometimes never finish because its not what you thought it would be.
3. Buy used when you can. Consignment shops and Thrift stores are great. They have gently used and sometimes new items, for Half or even more of what you would pay for them in the store. Clothes are a great buy from consignment shops and thrift stores. Take a peek around. Spend 20$ on clothes for the kidos instead of 120$ at the store.
4. Start a SWAP Meet. Get a group of your Mommy/Daddy Friends together and help eachother out. Weather it be babysitting, cutting the grass, fixing the car or your plumbing, you can save a lot of money by helping a friend out. You watch their 3 kidos for a night so they can have a night out and they fix your car. Even swap. Everyone has a handy friend. Talk about it with your friends. Save yourself some money and them too.
5. When buying from stores, Shop the Clearance section. Something that is orginally 20$ might be marked down to 6$. Save Save Save!!!
6. Pay for things with Cash instead of your Credit/Debit Card. I have found if i go into a store with only 50$ cash, thats what i spend and thats it. If you have your debit/credit card with you, you are more inclined to spend more, because you know you can just swipe that little card. If you only have a certin amount of money, then thats all you can spend, end of story and it Saves you big time in the end.
7. Once in a while, skip your trip to the grocery store, and use what you have. We all know we have plenty of food in the freezer and pantry, but we just don't want to take the time to make it. So skip the shopping trip every 3rd or 4th time and take the challenge to use what you have and make an awsome dinner. Money saver right there.
8. Make food and freeze it. Make your own breads, cookies, muffins, meatloafs....etc.... Make food and put them in zipper bags and store them. Its quick, easy and less of a hassel when it comes to making dinner. And if you have these things on hand, its less you will be spending each month at the grocery store.
9. Say NO to Fast food and Ordering Out. Having a pizza delivered is 15$ these days. You can make your own for about 5$ at home. And this can also be fun, by letting the kidos in on the fun. Let them help put the toppings on. Save that extra 10$ for something you will NEED Later on.
10. Kick the Gym Membership to the Curb! Exercise at home with your kidos. Not only does it save you money, it saves you gas, and keeps your kidos healthy too.
11. Make your own decorations, cakes and games for birthday parties or baby/bridal showers. You can save a load of money on that. You can make a cake for maybe 10$ at home, but you would pay 20-30$ at the store. Plus its fun to get a group of your friends and kido's together for fun baking and craft ideas.
12. Ditch Paper towles completly from your home. You will save money if you just use regular towles around the house. This way you just toss them in the wash, instead of having to add the paper towels to your trash and then having to buy more. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! :)
Right now, we all need to save and conserve as much as possible. With the tips i have listed, you can save a good bit of money. Put that money in an envelope and save it for when you REALLY NEED It. There are millions of money saving tips out there, but these are just a few i like to use. You will be suprised how much money you can save when you Plan things out.
Untill Next Time
Keep Smiling and Keep the Kidos Healthy and Happy!