I have been looking all over for new fun activities to do with my 2 year old on these icky rainy days, and i found a few pretty amazing and pretty fun activities we are going to try this weekend.
This one is my favorite. Make your own piggy bank.
This one you can let the kidos use their imagination while creating! You can use an empty Bleach Bottle, a 2 liter soda bottle, an empty mayo jar, or a peanut butter jar. Whatever you have thats plastic and empty, Big or small, you can turn into a great arts and craft idea for the kidos.
1. First You will need to use a box cutter to cut a slot for the money in the top. make sure its big enough for any coin to fit in. Also cut a small hole in the bottom of the bottle to put the little piggies tail.
2. Now this is where the fun begins. You can use paper, cloth or Paint to make this little guy whatever color or design you want. If you use paper or cloth, you can use a hot glue gun or even Elmers Glue to hold it on. If your going to use paint, make sure its non-toxic and safe for the kidos.
3. While the paint dries, you can let the kidos deside what kind of fabric or paper designs they want to add to their little piggy when its dry. You can also use this time to get some extra thick poster board or some cardboard and cut out the little piggies Ears and let the kids paint them too.
4. You can use Old spools from thread or even marshmellows as the piggies legs. Whatever makes you and the kidos smile :) I like the Marshmellow idea, because then you can use a marker and make little toes on them.
5. Once everything is dry, you can now hot glue the ears on to the little piggies head. And add some googly eyes onto your little piggy too. And don't forget to add his little legs and two dots for his nose or maybe an old button for his nose.
6. Once you have that all done and everything is finished, you can add the finishing touch......The piggies squiggly Tail. take a pipe cleaner and wrap it around your finger to shape it and then stick it in the hole you cut in the bottom of the bottle.
And There you go, you have a home made piggy bank! They don't have to look like piggies, they can be made into any animals and any colors or designs. Let the kids imagination take hold and create something new and exciting.
Keep your eyes open for more arts and craft ideas to come.
Untill Next Time
Keep Smiling and Keep the Kidos Happy and Healthy.